Join DJs J Neo Marvin, Big Bad Benny, and Jeff Burns at KSFS Radio every Friday from 7-8 PM for music and chat that digs beyond the surface. A vast array of new and old music from our deep catalog, interwoven with interviews, announcements of upcoming events, and the occasional surprise!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jeff's Intro

I suppose now is a good time to introduce myself and give you readers/listeners out there a better perspective of who I am

I'm Jeff Burns, my role on the show is being the voice monkey on the show so occasionally you'll hear demonstrate some of my voice over skills throughout the show. The reason for this is because I am a Voice Actor and while I don't have any professional credits yet, I'm mostly taking classes at this point to improve my skills and become more competitive. One of the reasons I decided to branch out into radio was to get practice, in addition to staying sharp because radio can be very spontaneous just like a lot of different types of Voice Over where you have to be quick on your feet and able to improvise without relying on a script.

As for being on the deep end, despite being the youngest person on the show I have a very deep appreciation of classic rock music and being on the show with Benny and J Neo allows me to discover classic rock songs that I may have missed out on for years or even discovering new songs that rock so to speak. A lot of my favorite music derives from the 60s, 70s and 80s and occasionally from other genres as well. My setlists usually feature music that I've found primarily through Television or Film being a huge TV nut and film buff (with particular interest in Animation and Sci-Fi as well as a lot of media from Japan). Occasionally I may post trivia in relation to finding songs in animated shows and I do have an upcoming post that covers this with a song we featured on the show not that long ago.

Thanks for reading and I hope you like plunging into the Deep End with us.
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. We're going to have to make use of your voice skills! We haven't exploited you enough yet. (Evil laugh)

    ReplyDelete