Join DJs J Neo Marvin, Big Bad Benny, and Jeff Burns at KSFS Radio every Friday from 7-8 PM for music and chat that digs beyond the surface. A vast array of new and old music from our deep catalog, interwoven with interviews, announcements of upcoming events, and the occasional surprise!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Big Bad Benny-Roaring on the mic





Hi Listeners and readers!  My name is Big Bad Benny. I really am not big or bad but radio can kind of do that to you if you let it carry you away. And that is just what we want to do on our show Fridays from 7 PM to 8 PM. We would like to carry the music over the net to your ears, your eyes, your imagination and beyond. With the time we share, with you are audience, we hope to inspire deeper thoughts by some of the songs we select and the blogs we write and respond to.

            We go beyond what you may normally hear on a classical rock station and play some of the other songs that are usually not the popular mainstream cuts. I personally like the story behind the song, or the inspiration behind the lyrics. Each week we will comment on songs that we have some extended appreciation for either the artist or style that is unique to our genre.

            The Deep End is co-hosted with J Neo Marvin, who is also a very talented musical performer. Jeff Burns also co-hosts our show and, can perform a variety of voice over characters and plans to pursue voiceover work.

            I am currently focusing on video editing and production work. I work mostly now on industrial videos. My outside likes are vegan food, classic cars, radios, cameras, animals, solar power, infrastructures and functionality in design.

My first experience with radio was in the AM format. I grew up listening to AM 920 KVEC,  93.3 KZOZ and 95.5 KLOS. As a young business owner I utilized radio through advertising and live remote radio broadcasts. My business created cross promotions with other business owners to increase sales. It would always amaze me the power of the radio and how many people listen. Although my passion is currently in video I think that radio is making a powerful and important comeback. I often recall the song "Video Killed the Radio Star", and I think that the net has reinvented radio into a very functional form of new media. I like to think the radio star is back in the studio and can now be heard across the world. I look forward to seeing radios on portable mobile devices and becoming a standard. Over the years my appreciation and interest for independent talk, news, sports and music via radio has deepened. I think the independent, free voice of the people should always be heard. Thanks for listening. What are your thoughts?
             

No comments:

Post a Comment